Lead artist/researchers: David Cross, Andrew Keeling
A musical performance of improvisation by David Cross Senior Lecturer at London Met and former-King Crimson Violinist and Andrew Keeling Composer/Flautist at London Met.
CLOUD-SURFING aims to de-mystify the process of improvisation and raises the following questions:
- What is the improvisational process?
- What is the difference between classical-rock improvisation and jazz?
- Is there a system of semiology at work in performance?
- Is there any evidence that the audience response contributes to the development of the music?
- Does the choice of instruments affect the music made?